Blackjack is among the greatest games in almost any land-based or online casino. Winning at blackjack depends a lot about the luck of the draw, but even more on the art of the blackjack player. By following these easy blackjack hints, you will increase your enjoyment of the blackjack game and your probability of winning at blackjack.
Learn the Blackjack Basics
- Understand the jargon. What do strike and stand mean? What are tender hands and hard palms? What is doubling down? What is splitting? Ensure to understand the answers to those questions until you begin to play blackjack. It is difficult to win at blackjack if you don’t know the game.
Use the Blackjack Basic Strategy Table
- Memorize the blackjack basic strategy table, or keep a copy with you. The blackjack basic strategy chart is the blackjack player’s best friend. Devised by some really smart people and based on rigorous mathematical analysis, the basic strategy table tells you the optimal move to make in every situation in the blackjack game. Blackjack basic strategy tables are available on many websites and blackjack books and are the key to consistent winning blackjack.
- A corollary to the preceding rule is that you are not required to follow the basic strategy table slavishly. You have been blessed with free will; don’t hesitate to follow your hunches. But, nevertheless, the fundamental strategy chart ought to be your guide in most cases. Maybe you’ve heard about it or seen it at the films, and it appears glamorous and exciting, but it doesn’t work in the online casino. Card counting functions only in land-based casinos, and even there, it takes intense concentration and hundreds of hours of training to do it correctly.
- Forget about card-counting. Maybe you’ve heard about it or seen it in the movies, and it seems glamorous and exciting, but it doesn’t work in the online casino. Card counting works only in land-based casinos, and even there, it takes intense concentration and hundreds of hours of practice to do it right.
Learn the Blackjack Rules
- Learn the rules of the blackjack game you are playing. Does the trader hit or stand on soft 17? Is surrender an alternative? On what hands can you double down? Make sure to know the rules of the specific game of blackjack that you have selected to play.
- Attempt some of the esoteric blackjack variations. Perhaps you have played Pontoon? Double Exposure Blackjack? Spanish Blackjack? Add some variety to your life. Try out an unusual blackjack match. You just might find that you like it than”regular” blackjack, and in any event it’s sure to make your life more interesting.
- Go for the big cash. Try playing with Super Sevens blackjack. This is a progressive jackpot online blackjack game, and this is where you can win really major money playing blackjack. If you get lucky , you could win up to $100,000 or even more on a single hand of blackjack.
- Play free games. The land-based casinos do not allow this, but the online casinos do. Take advantage of the opportunity. Playing practice games without a stake lets you get accustomed to the principles, refine your blackjack strategy, and also feel comfortable with the game. Then, when you feel good and ready, start playing real blackjack with real money bets and with the confidence that you’ve got what it takes to win at blackjack.
- Do not play at a blackjack table which makes you feel uncomfortable, either due to rules that don’t prefer you, or due to a dealer who’s a jerk, or even due to a player who gives you the heebie-jeebies. Don’t play in a table at which the minimum wager is more than 5% of your bankroll. Obviously, you don’t have to worry about such things if you play blackjack online from the comfort of home.
Some Blackjack Strategy Tips
- Always split aces; not divide a huge number.
- Do not waste your money on insurance.
- Don’t lose track of your finances. Ensure that you are playing for winnings which are going to be pleasurable, and that you are not relying on them to pay your bills.
- Don’t pursue after your losses. Respect the spending restrictions you have imposed on yourself and don’t stretch them, even in the event that you lose cash more quickly than you had initially anticipated. Nobody can win at blackjack each moment, and you ought to be prepared for the inevitable losing days.