Deuces Wild is a Popular video poker variation that’s played on the internet and uses a normal deck of 52 cards. In this video poker variation, deuces (2s) are rampant, and they Substitute any other card on the deck to make a winning hand. This, therefore, Makes winning in this game far much easier, but consequently, the paytable is a Bit tighter than any movie poker variations including as Aces and Eights or Jacks or Better.
How to Play Deuces Wild Video Poker
Deuces Wild video poker is a simple and easy to play game as it plays in more or less the same way as most other video poker variants. A bet is placed at the beginning of a hand and players are dealt five cards. Players may hold all five or discard up to five cards to receive new cards in the quest for a better and winning hand.
Deuces Wild Paid Hands
- Natural Royal Flush
- Four Deuces
- Wild Royal Flush
- Five of a Kind
- Straight Flush
- Four of a Kind
- Full House
- Three of a Kind
The highest paying hand is a Royal Flush, and the lowest paying hand is Three of a Kind.
Deuces Wild Hand Rankings
- Royal Flush without a Deuce: This is the highest paying hand in Deuces Wild video poker, and it consists of Ace, King, Queen, Jack, and 10, all the same suit.
- Four Deuces: This is the second highest paying hand, and it consists of four 2s.
- Wild Royal Flush: This is actually a Royal Flush, but contains two or more 2s.
- Five of a Kind: Is a hand containing five cards of the same value.
- Straight Flush: Contains five successive cards of the same suit (e.g. 8H, 9H, 10H, Jack of hears, and Queen of hearts).
- Four of a Kind: Consists of four cards of the same value.
- Full House: Consists of three cards of similar values and two cards of different values.
- Flush: A hand with any five cards of the same suit, but not necessarily in consecutive order.
- Straight: Consists of five successive cards from different card suits (e.g. Jack of Hearts, 10S, 9S, 8C, and 7D).
- Three of a Kind: A hand with any three cards of same value.
- Note that Two Pair and a Pair do not pay in Deuces Wild video poker.
The presence of 2s (deuces) in Deuces Wild video poker is what makes this variant truly exciting and far more volatile than other online video poker games.
Winning Strategy for Deuces Wild Video Poker
- If you are dealt a hand with four deuces, hold all five cards, as you cannot improve this hand anyway.
- If you are dealt a hand with three deuces, which is highly unlikely, then you can choose to hold all five cards or go for Five of a Kind or a Royal Flush.
- If you are dealt a hand with two deuces, keep the two deuces and draw new cards; or keep any of the four cards to a Royal Flush. Always hold any Four of a Kind or better.
- If you are dealt a hand with a single deuce, keep four cards to a Royal Flush, four cards to any Straight Flush, any Three of a Kind or better, three cards to a Royal Flush, three cards to a Straight Flush if the other two cards are suited connectors, or in all other cases, just keep the deuce.
- If you have no deuce, hold the highest paying hand. As you do this, never hold four cards to a Royal Flush if you already have a lower paying hand.
- Hold any three cards to the Royal Flush.
- Hold any four cards to a Straight Flush.
- Always hold a four-card Flush.
- Hold any Two Pair if the Full House pays the same as Four of a Kind.
- Always hold a four-card Straight.
- Always hold three cards to a Straight Flush.
- Always hold deuces.
- Keep any pair unless you are one card shy of a Straight or Flush.
- Discard all five cards if you do not have a deuce, a Pair, or any other paying hand.
Deuces Wild is an interesting and highly-interactive video poker variant offered both online and at land-based casinos. Mastering play is actually relatively simple and can be a lucrative game if the above strategies are applied. Always play Deuces Wild on a full pay table to get better payouts on winning hands.